If you want to fulfil your dream of working in Canada, getting a Canada job work permit is the way to attain it. Every year, the Canadian Government issues hundreds of work permits for talented individuals like you across the globe.
This article will give you expert-scrutinized guidelines to get one right away! So, continue reading.
What is a Canadian work permit visa?
Canada Work Permit, or a Work Visa, is issued to eligible professionals worldwide to work in Canada for a specific time. Upon getting the visa, you are suitable for the following:
- Working in Canada under the employer mentioned in your work permit application
- Eligibility to apply for Dependent Visas to call your dependents
- Take home dollars
- Travel anywhere in Canada
- Can apply for a PR or Entrepreneurship Visa in Canada later on
However, you should apply for the visa after getting a job offer or an employment contract from a Canadian employer with proper ESDC (Employment and Social Development Canada) and LMIA (Labour Market Impact Assessment) permission.
Types of work visas
There are two types of work permits offered by Canadian management – open work permit and an employer-specific work permit.
An open work permit allows you to work under any employer and is not job specific. Hence applicants do not need the Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) or an offer letter from an employer. Here the employer pays the compliance fee.
On the other hand, the employer-specific work permit enables you to work for a specific employer.
General Eligibility for a Canadian Work Permit
These are some of the common eligibilities to procure a work permit in Canada:
- Assure the officer that you will return to your home country upon Work Permit expiry.
- Furnish documents showing you have enough funds to support yourself and your family during your stay.
- You must submit a police clearance certificate.
- You should not be a hazard to Canada’s security.
- You must take a medical exam if required.
- You should not work for an employer listed as ineligible by the Canadian Government.
- You must provide any documents demanded by officers to qualify for entry.
Documents to gain a Canada Work Permit
Depending on the type of work permit you are seeking, these are the documents to be submitted:
- A 6-month valid passport from the planned date of arrival in Canada.
- Offer letter of the employment.
- Two current passport-sized photographs.
- Documents of educational qualifications.
- Documents of professional qualifications.
- Documents showing work experience.
- Proof of having adequate funds for expenses during the stay.
- A medical examination from registered hospitals.
Canada Work Permit Application Procedure
You can apply for a Canada job work permit if you have at least a year of experience in any professional field. If you’re unsure how to go about it, you can contact reputed immigration consultants like Croyez Immigration Services to help you out.
Here are some general guidelines to go about:
- Submit your application to Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC) for a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA).
- Apply for a work permit in Canada after receiving a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA).
Duration to get a work permit in Canada
Like the entrepreneurship visa in Canada, work permits take time to get issued. It typically gets processed between 1-9 months. The time is limited by a few factors, such as:
- The type of application.
- How quickly the officer processes the applications already received.
- How easily can the officer verify your information.
- Time taken by you to respond to any requests or concerns.
Benefits of getting a Canadian Work Permit
Apart from working in Canada, here are some great benefits you avail:
- You are eligible for permanent residence
After working temporarily for a year, it could open up the doors for you to apply for permanent residence.
- Your family members can work in Canada too.
If you are moving to Canada with your family, they can work in Canada, provided they apply for their work permit.
- Longer work permit validity
Depending on the program applied, you can extend your work permit validity by a few years.
- You can earn more in dollars in shorter work hours
The average salary in Canada is around $54,000 yearly, depending on the industry and level of expertise. The work hours are between 30 to 40 hrs per week. Alongside, you get the benefit of 2 weeks of paid vacation.
Canada job work permit applications and processes are time sensitive. Ensure you fill out the application correctly to expedite the work permit process.